- What concrete contributions can religious leaders have to peace?
- How does context matter for such contribution?
- Do religious leaders commonly spoil peace processes? Do we have any assumption of why and when this happens?
- Does the inter-faith perspective, often included in peace projects involving religious leaders, have any bearing on their contribution to peace?
- Taking into account the above questions, what do donors engaging in work related to religious leaders in peace building need to be aware of?
The panel includes people with broad knowledge and experience of this topic.
Susan Hayward, researcher from United States Institute of Peace is the keynote speaker.
Responses will be given from Ingrid Vik (The Oslo Center for Peace and Human Rights), Iselin Frydenlund (Norwegian Research Council and formerly PRIO researcher) and Shoaib Sultan (The Norwegian Centre Against Rascism). Moderator is Tale Steen-Johnsen (PRIO/University of Agder).