Questions to explore
- Is participation in militaries (state or non-state) empowering for women?
- Has the conflict resolution empowered or disempowered women in Nepal?
- What are the particular difficulties in the transition of female ex-combatants into politics, activism, governance, or the security forces?
- Is the role of women in party politics really to work for women’s issues and gender equality?
- Does the assertion of women’s rights and gender equality by international organizations contribute to women’s empowerment, or can it be counterproductive?
- Can women’s participation in peacebuilding bring in a ‘transformative agenda’ and expand the post-conflict space for rights and justice?
- How can peace be empowering for women?